NOTE: WE CAN DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE FOR PRACTICALLY ANY SITUATION.
• Used for service from basement to grade such as moving freight, stock, refuse, etc.
• Rooftop/helipad, automobile and stage lift applications as well.
• We are the largest manufacturer of sidewalk elevators in the world.
Primarily used for service (moving freight, stock, dumpsters, etc.) to grade or above grade to truck level, thus doubling as a dock lift. Also used to gain roof top access to helipads for hospitals and businesses.
Can be used as a freight elevator below grade when there are intermediate levels.
We have two basic types of sidewalk elevators – our electric model, the PS1E, which utilizes a drum machine. The hydraulic model, the PSH, comes as a standard hydraulic unit with a single in-ground cylinder or a hole-less hydraulic version with a single jack (cantilevered) or two jacks.
These models are available in capacities, platform sizes, pit depths and travel to suit any requirements. Please contact us or visit our website to determine the best option for your project. Note: Our Sidewalk Elevators can be ridden and used as a Freight Elevator.
- The basic operating features of both models.
- Sidewalk elevators with safety screens - ANSI/ASME A17.1 Code
- Sidewalk door with drainage
- Fire proof, all-metal construction
- Basement hoist way doors, UL labeled, with electromechanical interlocks
- Portable push-button control station at grade
- Complies with ASME/ANSI A17.1.
- Sidewalk doors with maximum security locking
- “Truck-able” sidewalk doors
- Vertical rising sidewalk door
- Shallow pit models available
- Safety screens to allow a rider
- Total explosion-proof capability
- Many others available – please call, e-mail us or visit our website
We are the country’s largest manufacturer of sidewalk elevators – please review the drawings on our website or contact us directly for more information.
Safety Screens allow one operator to ride in both directions versus typical two-person operation.
Code requires operation of all sidewalk elevators from grade only since a rider-operator is unable to determine whether a person or other obstacle is on the closed sidewalk door. Two people, an operator and a loader, are normally required – or one person to load and then go up to grade for operation.
- Hinged safety screens located beneath and parallel to the sidewalk door.
- Scissor or folding car gates.
- Push button stations on car and in the basement.
Operation is as follows:
- Car is called to grade by operator standing at sidewalk door level.
- Operator then secures the sidewalk doors in open position by using the furnished locking bar.
- Operator can now enter car and operate with push button station (also at basement level) as a full freight elevator, with screens closing for safety as car descends. Riding up operator has full vision through the screens.
- When operator is done unloading, returns to the sidewalk level and removes locking bar which allows the sidewalk doors to close as the car is being lowered to basement level.
- Maximum security automatic locking device on sidewalk door.
- Folding car gates with 90° swing feature (allows full car width clearance).
- Roto-Phase generates 3 phase from single phase source.
- Sidewalk doors – in steel, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Elevator/lift can be designed to rise above grade to the height of a truck bed, operating like a dock lift for easy loading/unloading.
- Extra heavy-duty “truck-able” sidewalk doors.
- Single or double swing U.L. labeled door and frame assembly for basement.
- Design to suit existing hoist way or renovation.
- Three or more stops. Can operate like a freight elevator below grade or a loading dock above grade at “trucking” height.
- Remote machine room.
- Helipad gurney roof-top passenger elevators, and hole-less hydraulic units.
NOTE: We offer free consulting to assist in problem solving and Code compliance.