Service Lifts to Grade or Above Grade
Sidewalk elevator lifts are primarily used for service (moving freight, stock, dumpsters, etc.) to grade or above grade to truck level, thus doubling as a dock lift. Also used to gain rooftop access to helipads for hospitals and businesses. It can be used as a freight elevator below grade when there are intermediate levels. We have two types of sidewalk elevators – our Hydraulic / Electric VRC with a lowered height of under 8″. A scissor model that is designed for deeper pits. Both models are available in capacities, platform sizes, pit depths, and travel to suit any requirements. Please contact us or visit our website to determine the best option for your project.
Note: Sidewalk Elevators can not be ridden and are used for freight.
- Sidewalk door with drainage
- Fireproof, all-metal construction
- Basement hoistway doors, UL labeled, with electromechanical interlocks
- Portable push-button control station at grade
- Complies with ASME/ANSI A17.1
Code requires the operation of all sidewalk elevators from grade only since a rider operator cannot determine whether a person or other obstacle is on the closed sidewalk door.
- Hinged safety screens are located beneath and parallel to the sidewalk door.
- Scissor or folding car gates.
- Push button stations on the car and in the basement.
- The operator standing at the sidewalk door level calls the car to grade.
- The operator then secures the sidewalk doors in the open position.
- When the operator is done unloading, they return to the sidewalk level and remove the locking bar, which allows the sidewalk doors to close as the car is being lowered to the basement level.
Maximum security automatic locking device on sidewalk door.
Multiple gate and enclosure options.
Custom-designed power solutions to meet any job site.
Sidewalk doors – in steel, aluminum, or stainless steel.
The elevator/lift can be designed to rise above grade to the height of a truck bed, operating like a dock lift for easy loading/unloading.
Single or double swing U.L. labeled door and frame assembly for basement.
Design to suit existing hoistway or renovation.
Three or more stops. It can operate like a freight elevator below grade or a loading dock above grade at “trucking” height.
Remote machine room.
Helipad gurney roof-top passenger elevators and hole-less hydraulic units.