Mechanical Cantilever Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors for Faster Speed
The 2-post cantilevered mechanical vertical conveyors (VRCs) employ an industry-best heavy-duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor drive with instantaneous braking capability that ensures consistent, repeatable stopping and holding of the suspended carriage during loading/unloading. Due to the carriage being cantilevered off the guide beams, there are no overhead restrictions limiting load height. The cantilever mechanical freight lift travels up to 100 ft. with capacities of 6,000 lbs. and carriage lengths up to 12 ft.
Durability and Quality
- High-capacity steel rollers with spiral-wound, Teflon-impregnated bushings produce smooth and reliable carriage movement.
- Heavy-duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor drive extends the life of the freight lift for years and years of rugged, reliable service.
- A synchronized, dual-chain lifting system ensures that the carriage remains level throughout the lift’s vertical travel, even with off-centered loads.
- Minimum ¼ inch thick steel reinforced platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and extends the life of the platform deck.
- Structural steel guide beams ensure consistent, reliable tracking of carriage rollers and extend the life of the beams
- Synchronized lifting chains allow for wider carriage widths.
- Mechanical design enables up to 100 feet of total vertical travel.
- Mechanical vertical conveyors are programmable and can be called or sent to multiple levels in a building or conveyor system.
- The carriage requires no overhead structure and enables an unlimited load height.
- Cantilevered design permits three-way carriage loading.
- Load jam sensors suspend engine operation if the carriage or its load becomes jammed between landings.
- Motor control panel security requires personnel to activate a secure key switch before resuming lift operation following a load jam.
- Over-travel sensing switch suspends engine operation should the lift continue past the uppermost landing.
- Sensors on all lifting chains stop lift operation and movement if a slack chain is detected.
- Counterweight sensors serve as a backup safety precaution to slack chain sensors by suspending engine operation when a counterweight is lifted out of the guide tube.
- Certified carriage brakes stop carriage falls in the unlikely event of a sudden breakage of both lifting cables.
- Standard-issue shaft way barrier bar system improves personnel safety when the carriage leaves the upper landing.
- Interlocked landing gates automatically lock once the vertical lift carriage leaves a landing and cannot be opened until the lift carriage returns to that landing.
- Gate status switches prevent lift operation while any gate is open.
- The minimum 3:1 structural factor of safety makes these lifts the most structurally sound lift in the industry.
- Compliance with recognized standards:
- ASME B20.1 – Safety Requirements for Conveyors and Related Equipment
- VRC Application Guidelines – as referenced by ASME B20.
- NFPA 70 – National Electric Code
- ASTM-A36 – Structural Steel Standard
- ANSI Z535 – Safety Labeling Requirements
- AWS D.1 – Welding Standards
- Applicable portions of OSHA 29CFR1910 – General Workplace Safety
Maintenance and Warranty
- Heavy-duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor requires minimal service and maintenance.
- Maintenance-free carriage rollers require no lubrication.
- Eurodrive gear motor’s manual brake release overrides handle to help lift start-up and troubleshooting.
- Autoquip offers a 1-year warranty on all parts and a 5-year warranty on the lift structure as a promise that you’ve purchased the industry’s most reliable VRC.