Up to 60,000 lb/
Multiple types of powered
and unpowered options.
Scissors, rotators, conveyors,
and extensions available.
Multiple control options
to suit any application.
Heavy Duty Industrial Tilters for Load Repositioning
90 Degree Upenders (also called “Flip-Flop Upenders”) are heavy industrial hydraulic tilters that safely upend or down-end a wide variety of heavy, bulky, or odd-shaped objects at controlled speeds. Double-acting hydraulic cylinders are used with the hydraulic power unit located inside or outside the tilter base frame. Typical applications include coil and die handling, engine block manufacturing, coil reorientation, and palletizing or de-palletizing. 90 Degree Upenders have a footprint which is approximately equal to the sum of both tilter “wings” or decks.
Durability and Quality
- Joints, the most critical wear points in the lift, feature chrome-plated, 100,000 psi, ultimate-strength pins for premium load strength and long life.
- Minimum 1/4-inch-thick steel-reinforced platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and greatly extends the life of the platform deck.
- Solid steel linkages provide structural integrity and stability throughout the tilting process.
- Chrome-plated rods improve durability extend the life of cylinders and seals.
- Standard controls are prewired and drive unit is already onboard. Installation only requires the tilter to be lagged to the ground and connected to electricity.
- Exceptionally low lowered height allows greater on and off load flexibility.
- Counter-balance valving controls the descent of a loaded tilter platform.
- Minimum 3:1 structural factor of safety makes these lifts the most structurally sound in the industry.
- Compliance with recognized standards:
- ANSI MH29.2 – Safety Requirements for Industrial Tilters
- NFPA 70 – National Electric Code
- ASTM-A36 – Structural Steel Standard
- ANSI Z535 – Safety Labeling Requirements
- AWS D.1 – Welding Standards
- Applicable portions of OSHA 29CFR1910 – General Workplace Safety
Maintenance and Warranty
- We offer an industry-best 2-year warranty on all parts as a promise that you’ve purchased the industry’s most reliable tilter.
- Maintenance-free bearings at pivot points require no lubrication.
- On-board maintenance devices enable maintenance crews to safely and effectively block open the tilter during inspection and routine maintenance.
- Sturdy, semi-transparent polyurethane oil reservoir provides an easily visible method of checking fluid levels and eliminates oil contamination due to rust.
- Double wire braided Parker hydraulic hoses resist wear, abrasion, and leaks.