Double Leaf, Single Leaf, and Mini Bascule Bridges
Our Bascule Bridges are available in Single, Double, or Mini leaf/platforms to span a traffic way temporarily. Single Leaf Bascule Bridges are a one-way elevated loading platform for heavy vehicles to pass through. Double Leaf Bascule Bridges, on the other hand, are hydraulically operated drawbridges that face each other, and, when lowered, combine to span distances twice as long as Single Leaf. Finally, Mini Bascule Bridges are vertical storing dock levelers installed outside the building and are used to temporarily span the distance between a fixed dock height and a variable height truck.
Durability and Quality
- Chrome-plated, 100,000 psi, ultimate-strength pins provide premium load strength and long life at hinge points.
- A minimum 1/4-inch-thick steel-reinforced platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and greatly extends the life of the platform deck.
- Structural steel channels in the transfer bridge provide rigidity and stability under heavy axle loads, ensuring many years of trouble-free use.
- Chrome plating improves rod durability and extends the life of cylinders and seals.
- Single and Double Leaf Bascule Bridges – One-touch operator controls automatically engage and disengage safety wings during raising and lowering sequences.
- Mini Bascule Bridge — Simple and reliable wall-mounted operator controls offer the operator complete visual contact of the lift during raising and lowering.
- Single and Double Leaf Bascule Bridges – Hydraulically operated bridge safety wings provide a stable and permanent structure for the bascule bridge to rest against during storage, relaxing the pressure in the hydraulic circuit.
- Non-skid surface minimizes unexpected slipping and loss of traction in wet operating conditions.
- Hydraulic velocity fuses completely stop lifts in the unlikely event of uncontrolled descent due to sudden hose rupture.
- The minimum 3:1 structural factor of safety makes these bridges the most structurally sound bridge in the industry.
- Compliance with recognized standards:
Maintenance and Warranty
- Maintenance-free bearings at pivot points require no lubrication.
- For Single and Double Leaf Bascule Bridges, a heavy-duty remote power unit with a weather-proof cover is easily accessible for inspection and maintenance.
- Double-wire braided Parker hydraulic hoses resist wear, abrasion, and leaks.
- Industry-best 2-year warranty on all parts guarantees you’ve purchased the most reliable drawbridge and demonstrates that we stand behind every dock product and loading platform sold.