Cantilevered Hydraulic VRC for Material Transfer from One Level to Another
Hydraulic VRCs are often used for material transfer between landings, mezzanine access, and conveyor systems which improves the use of vertical building space, enhances stability and safety during load transfer and increases manufacturing efficiency.
The 2-post cantilevered hydraulic vertical reciprocating conveyors (freight lift) employs an industry-best 4-to-1 cable reeving system that minimizes stresses in the lifting cables and maximizes the amount of travel produced per inch of cylinder stroke. Due to the carriage being cantilevered off the guide beams, no overhead restrictions are limiting the amount of load height available. Cantilevered vertical freight lifts travel up to 28 ft. with capacities of 6,000 lbs.
Durability and Quality
- High-capacity steel rollers with spiral-wound, Teflon-impregnated bushings produce smooth and reliable carriage movement.
- High-impact rubber carriage stops absorbing the shock and noise of the carriage as it stops at the upper landing.
- All hydraulic lifting cylinders self-align to minimize side loading and wear on the bearings and seals.
- Minimum ¼ inch thick steel reinforced platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and extends the life of the platform deck.
- Structural steel guide beams ensure consistent, reliable tracking of carriage rollers and extend the life of the beams
- Chrome plating improves the durability of the rods and extends the life of the cylinders and the seals.
- Spring-loaded guides mounted to the carriage restrict lateral movement and reduce noise from the suspended carriage as it travels in the guide beams.
- Upper landing carriage stops are easily adjustable over a 3-inch stopping distance.
- Carriage requires no overhead structure and enables an unlimited load height.
- Cantilevered design permits three-way carriage loading.
- Automatic re-pressurization of the hydraulic system keeps the carriage level with the upper landing, which is critical when the lift is idle for long periods.
- Certified carriage brakes stop carriage falls in the unlikely event of a sudden breakage of both lifting cables.
- Physical stops at the upper landing prevent the carriage from moving during the loading and unloading of the lift.
- Standard-issue shaft way barrier bar system improves personnel safety when the carriage leaves the upper landing.
- Interlocked landing gates automatically lock once the vertical lift carriage leaves a landing and cannot be opened until the lift carriage returns to that landing.
- Gate status switches prevent lift operation while any gate is open.
- Hydraulic velocity fuses completely stop lifts in the unlikely event of uncontrolled descent due to sudden hose rupture.
- The minimum 3:1 structural factor of safety makes these lifts the most structurally sound in the industry.
- Compliance with recognized standards:
- ASME B20.1 – Safety Requirements for Conveyors and Related Equipment
- VRC Application Guidelines – as referenced by ASME B20.
- NFPA 70 – National Electric Code
- ASTM-A36 – Structural Steel Standard
- ANSI Z535 – Safety Labeling Requirements
- AWS D.1 – Welding Standards
- Applicable portions of OSHA 29CFR1910 – General Workplace Safety
Maintenance and Warranty
- Industry-best 4:1 cable reeving system minimizes stresses in the lifting cables to improve the safety, dependability, and useful life of the cables.
- A sturdy, semi-transparent polyurethane oil reservoir provides an easily visible method of checking fluid levels and eliminates oil contamination due to rust.
- Straddle design places much lower stress on the guide rollers, extending useful life.
- Double-wire braided Parker hydraulic hoses resist wear, abrasion, and leaks.
- Maintenance-free carriage rollers require no lubrication.
- 10-inch to 12-inch diameter sheaves promote longer cable life and feature a large bend radius.
- Autoquip offers a 1-year warranty on all parts and a 5-year warranty on the lift structure as a promise that you’ve purchased the industry’s most reliable VRC.